I am looking for a RN interested in some private duty nursing work. I have lived in Norfolk, MA for 33 years, am 41 years old, and work full time as a software engineer. I have been using a wheelchair for 28 years, a ventilator for 19 years, and a feeding tube for 3 years, all to help compensate for my Duchene Muscular Dystrophy. Due to my physical disability, I require round the clock nursing care.

I live with my parents who provide some of my care, and work with 15 RNs who cover the remaining times. One of the nurses who help me is going on maternity leave so I am now looking for additional nurses who are interested in part-time, self-employment as private duty nurses. Most nurses who help me work between one and six shifts every two weeks.

Three basic shifts are available on an intermittent or regularly scheduled basis. The first is a morning shift that typically starts at 8:00 or 8:30 AM and lasts four hours. The second shift is the evening, which typically starts at 8:30 PM and lasts four hours. The third shift is either the full day (12:00 PM to 8:30 PM), or the night (11:30 PM to 8:30 AM). There are only a few of these long shifts each week.

The pay is competitive with the salary and benefits of a staff nurse in the greater Boston area. I pay each nurse directly at the end of the last shift each week for the hours they have worked.

I have been working with several of the nurses who help me for 20 years. We have worked together on average for 9 years. I would be happy to provide nursing references on request.

If you would like to learn more about this part-time home care work, please contact me at 508 528 2609 or by email at gas@shore.net.

Sincerely,
Gordon A. Sterling

Home